Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bluegrass Birthday Comin' Together

Saturday is almost here and I've got the menu ready for Matt's Bluegrass Birthday Party. He'll officially be 16 years old on Tuesday the 23rd.

On the simple "help yourself" menu is chili with all the fixings. Fix your own, top it off with whatever you desire, and enjoy. I'll be cooking 2 pots of chili with ground beef in it, and Wayne is talking about slow cooking a pot with deer meat in it. The choice of toppings will be saltines, fritos, and shredded mexi-blend cheeses. Doesn't that sound yummy and simple enough for a crowd?
Dessert will of course be birthday cake and ice-cream. For a little something extra (and because I'm about to die to make them) I'm making homemade oreo cookies. I'm so excited about getting started on that banjo cake. I've got a lot of pictures for ideas from the internet and plan to print them out, lay them out, and try to create a pretty cake. I raided the Wilton isles of the stores in the city that carry them, and I have my needed ingredients and supplies. Michaels and Hobby Lobby both had great coupons in last Sunday's paper, so that helped out. Lillie Mae LUVs them coupons!

This has been and will continue to be a real hectic week for various reasons to do with my health and a family member's health, so my stress level has already peaked! My head is pounding, and I feel like my blood pressure must be through the roof. For all of that I am barely hanging on with God and prayers from wonderful friends who know what is going on. All I can do is pray that I can have these next few days uninterrupted to make my son's 16th birthday memorable. Ain't God good???

My mom used to make professional cakes out of our home after taking a Wilton class or two. She hasn't done it in a while though. She has a little project going that she needed a few Wilton supplies for and was amazed at all the new tools and accessories they now have. YUMMY to even think about, huh?


Well, my coffee break is over and I have way too much to be doing and phone calls to make to be sitting here on this laptop. Oh how I wish I could just sit here and read blogs all day! Not this week though.

Thanks for stopping by Lillie Mae Acres, please come back soon. Maybe the next posting will be a little more interesting, like maybe about a new primitive decorating idea. You just never know about me!

Wish me luck on my Banjo Cake making for Saturday's party!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Denise, what a cute post....The menu sounds delicious!!! What time, lol?? I can't wait to see the Banjo Cake!! It'll be great! Tell Matt your Tampa friend said "Happy Sweet 16".....Have a blessed evening my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of luck on that Banjo Cake! I hope you post a photo! And I love your party idea - Chili is simple and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the banjo cake and hope your stress level comes down ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im new to your Blog and enjoyed my visit. Love your background, & pics. Happy 16th
    Birthday to your Matt, and Good Luck with your cake, very neat design.
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.