Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, January 8, 2010

Wild West, Hunting, and Pizza ???


While putting away all of the Christmas decor, I ran across Matthew's box of western and hunting themed ornaments. He has a large tree that goes in his bedroom and a year ago we even made real shotgun shell garland for it. He decided not to put it up when we decorated for Christmas a couple of months ago, and I really missed seeing it.

I decided to use the twig tree I decorate my kitchen with and put it in the living room decorated in the western and hunting lodge theme. I'll leave it up through winter or just until I get sick of it. Which ever comes first. I used a lot of Matthew's ornaments and the lodge themed ornaments from our big living room tree. Nothing on this tree actually says Christmas or holidays on it, so it's just a woodsy western look. I like it.

My neighbor Dawn left her small tree up in her living room decorated for Valentine's Day and it looks beautiful. I used to have a small Valentine's tree when Matthew was young and we'd have a party with gifts, etc., plus Matthew's birthday is February 23rd, so that was always fun.

It really is hard to put away all the glowing little white lights when they look so good along with the fire in the fireplace bouncing around.



Now a wonderful new yummy delicious frozen pizza that I found a few weeks ago. Well, really I seen a commercial, had never heard of this brand and was hoping my grocery store would have it. I don't know if it's new or not, but I just discovered it and wish I hadn't. I LUV spinach pizza, but never even thought about being able to eat it at home and it taste good.

I say that I wish I hadn't learned about this because it is so mmm mmm good, and we've already had two of them. If you try it, I hope you like it. Frozen pizzas aren't wonderful, none of them. But we're way out here in the woods and I actually cook a small lunch most days. This is a large pizza and perfect for lunch. They have other flavors of course, but I'm addicted to this one! I don't know if the others are any good.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Florida has been so cold. We're just not used to this, our blood is too thin! There's been a fire in my fireplace every night and some days all week. I know there have been a couple of record setting nights of low temps. My front yard even looked like it had a thin layer of snow on it one morning and I could kick myself for not taking a picture for ya'll.

3 comments:

  1. I love that idea for the tree! I thought about getting one of the skinny ones for year round, don't really have the space for it though:( The pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carmen. It won't be in here for too long, just until I'm sick of it. It's so COLD here in FL, we're having a real winter and I just thought I'd enjoy something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year I am doing a season tree...it is in the works for Valentines and winter...and then I plan to go from there...I didn't want to give up the glow of the lights...there are a couple pics on my blog....one yesterday..and scroll down and you will see what I mean..I am thinking even little flags during June July...I think the ideas are endless....
    I think yours looks great...

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.