Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anybody else Pre-Spring cleaning???

I'm trying so hard not to let spring fever set in! The weather went from frigid freezing, to warmer and warmer temps. So of course for a few days we've had spring like weather! Now we have a cold front coming again, but it should be just about normal for this time of year.

I've been busy winter cleaning this ole' house. I guess you could call it pre-spring cleaning. I've been throwing away stuff, carting stuff off to Goodwill, and repurposing stuff. I've been busy moving furniture and cleaning out dirty dusty little forgotten corners too! I'm surprised that my allergies aren't a mess.

When I see a little basket priced low and with potential, I buy it. I have a lot of baskets, none of them worth much like a true collector would have though. Not that I know of anyway. That's why the other day I didn't mind painting a few.



Please don't pay any attention to my scratched up door. That sweet hubby of mine is going to paint it for me when he can. It was pretty and had a fairly new paint job on it until a certain little GS Dog decided he would scratch it up. Anyway, I painted this hanging basket green the other day. I thought it would look good against the door filled with sunflowers instead of a wreath.




I got to looking at the top of our headboard and thought that some black baskets would look good up there. So, I picked out a couple from my inexpensive little collection and painted them. I'm happy with the outcome. Now I've just got to decide whether or not to keep this tired old comforter set. I've had it for years so I think it's time to replace it. I've got my eye on a couple of real pretty ones that I really like.



I originally put a few Valentine's Day decorations over on this corner of my kitchen counter, but I just couldn't fall in love with it. I replaced it with our own little miniature produce market. The lemons aren't real, but everything else is. Don't you just love having fresh fruit sitting around to snack on?


I don't know if I should put away these bright red pip berries or not. I used them when the kitchen was decorated for Christmas, but liked them in this basket so well that I didn't want to put them away.


And one more final little project. Wayne brought me the large green cheese box years ago, except it was natural. I decided it needed to be green with a few little prim crows on it. I like it a lot better than I did, so I certainly don't regret painting it. The other cheese box, the orange one was my grandmother's. I have it filled with her old sewing notions. Cheese boxes do make great little storage containers don't they?

Well ya'll, that's just a short little tour of this ole' farmhouse. I just wanted to show ya'll some of the changes I've made to spruce the place up a little. I'm not done yet!

7 comments:

  1. How cozy and welcoming! I am recovering from back surgery and SO can't wait to get into my spring cleaning! I was in so much pain before the surgery, it's been awhile since I've done ANY cleaning...Shhh:) I love the cheese boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it is pre spring...or post divorce cleaning...lol but I'm certainly having a good time purging in my house! I have to do the spring cleaning early...as spring is spent in the greenhouse and garden around here! winter is way tooo long in alberta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the stuff you decorate with. I LOVE your bedspread. I'm trying to find a pattern that I can settle on to make ours. I'll have to keep yours in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some nice changes here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your door is so charming! :o) I put fruit/veggies in colanders too. I feel like pre-Spring cleaning. I've been day dreaming about buying an entire Mrs. Meyers cleaning set in Lavender to welcome pre-Spring.. ;o)
    ~Lara

    ReplyDelete
  6. your post inspired me...I purged a lot out of my crawl space today!!! I am pooped!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been pre-spring cleaning but was just thinking I should be. I had noticeable cobwebs on top of two of my kitchen cabinets when I got home from vacation this week. Yikes!

    Your sunflower basket is so cute! I vote you leave the berries in the basket, too. They make a nice pop of color against the wall.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.