Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Sunday, December 13, 2009

We'll Be Home With Bells On



Home, that's exactly where we'll be for Christmas. Happy at home with bells on (happy spirits, love in our hearts, carols playing in our heads, etc., etc.) We are so blessed to be able to stay home and not have to travel long distances during any of the holidays in order to see the ones we love. Most of our family is right here within 30 miles.

Today we had awful rain and thunder storms. It's warm again for the next few days here, and we're in for a chance of rain almost everyday up to next weekend. YUCK! Then it is supposed to cool off again, I don't know just how cool/cold. Maybe it'll be a cold Christmas. Here in Florida, we just have to make the most of it and keep our spirits up.
Matthew had a sing this afternoon at another church, so while Wayne ran him up there I stayed home and got everything ready for family Christmas pictures.


I was worried that the lights would go out, or something would keep us from being able to get these pictures taken so I can get them printed and mail the Christmas cards tomorrow. This month is flying too fast, isn't it?
I haven't even started my baking yet. HELP!!! I'm trying to keep everything real simple and on a small scale this year. I do plan to start it this week though after tomorrow's grocery shopping. Matthew always wants to make sugar cookies, but we'll save that for next week so they'll stay fresh. I know I plan on making buttery caramels, a Red Velvet Cake for hubby if that's what he still wants, and some of those wonderful Peanut Butter bars like we grew up with in elementary school.
I'm just curious, how many of you know what I'm talking about? Do you remember the yummy Peanut Butter bars served in the lunchroom, sprinkled with powdered sugar? Supposedly they can't make those anymore because of peanut allergies in so many children.
Just in case I've failed to tell ya'll recently, I appreciate every one of you faithful readers so much. I enjoy blogging about my family's life out here in the country and I'm glad so many of you enjoy reading about it. Have a blessed evening.

4 comments:

  1. you are lucky to have your family so close by! I hope you have a wonderful holiday...love the photos....and Merry Christmas friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that decorating and no baking yet? I figured you would be all set! We didn't have those peanut butter bars here in NY, but they sound good. I love red velvet cake. Don't worry too much about the baking -- it will all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice family photos! we have family close by too - I agree - home is the best place for the holidays~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures. You have such a beautiful family! Glad you were able to enjoy the holidays! I know you are enjoying your new fireplace!!!
    Hugs
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.