Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happily Bouncing Into 2010



Here we go, bouncing into another new year. Who can honestly say they can believe it's already 2010? Remember being scared when the year 2000 was coming? It seems like just yesterday to me and everyone I've mentioned it to.

God has kept me and my family safe and healthy in the palms of His hands another year, another Christmas, another birthday for each of us, etc. We have so much to be thankful for, and we are thankful.

From our home here at Lillie Mae Acres in the beautiful countryside of Florida, we wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. Please stay safe during your celebrations and throughout the year. We always stay in on New Years Eve. We may or may not stay up to ring in the new year at the stroke of midnight. Just call us boring if you want to, but that's how it is.

We like to cook BIG on New Years Day. Of course we will have black eye peas, not that we believe in luck! It's more of a tradition than luck. I was also told one time NOT to do any laundry on New Years Day or I'd have to do it all the new year. Hmm, that struck me funny because if there is laundry to be done, I will have to do it anyway. So, it does not matter if I do laundry on New Years Day or not, there is going to be laundry and I am going to be doing it all year long.

3 comments:

  1. Happy new Year to you and your lovely family and your precious Banjo too:) I remember the year 2000 coming too, I stocked up on canned goods and NOTHING happened, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI There,
    I am a new fan,
    wishing you a wonderful 2010!!!
    See you around next year.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of black-eyed peas being lucky -- but then again, I'm a northerner! Happy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.