Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, December 28, 2009


Good morning to all of you sweet and beautiful ladies. We had a wonderful Christmas here at Lillie Mae Acres, just filled with God's love and blessings (I do not mean material blessings either). I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas too. I'm sort of glad it's all over and a new year is beginning, then in some ways I wish the wonder and excitement of the holidays lasted longer.

That dear sweet hubby of mine surprised me with a little trip to our favorite Mexican restaurant Saturday night. Other than that, we've just been relaxing and taking it easy since Friday. Today is my first trip into the city since last Monday, so I'm going to brave it and get it over with. You all know how much I love being home more than any other place, especially shopping.




Yesterday (Sunday) I did start taking down the Christmas decor in the kitchen. I'm sure I'll be taking down decor from all the rooms a little each day all week. No since in getting stressed over it and rushing it. It's not going anywhere, and I like to put it away neatly.

As I type this post, I'm frying up some country smoked sausage for Matthew. I'm dropping him off at a friend's house today and then heading on into the city to bank, grocery shop, etc. I have to get my nails done too, so that'll take up a little time. I can stop, relax, chat, and drink a water during that time though. That'll be the best part of the day, huh?

Well, I guess I'll run for now since I'm trying to cook. Don''t want to burn that sausage!

Have a great Monday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That's a real coca cola Santa. love the wagon.
    I did my nails today index finger got smashed up last year and had to have the nail surgicaly removed it healed up quite well but has regrown at a slight angle and the nail itself is twice as thick as the other nine. and therefore quite a job to get my teeth into.
    I will clean under the nails and take a photo to put on the nilelife2 blog on how and why my finger nail got smashed up. all the best for the coming 2010. the decorations should not be taken down until the 12th day after Christmas. but a lot has changed on the American version of the feast just like coca cola changed father Christmases suite, green did not go well with the advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me sad that Christmas is over already. Seems like I didn't have time to enjoy everything. Oh well, there is always next year. I wanted to tell you that I passed out the poem and nail you posted about in our church christmas card exchange. Everyone thought it was just fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing the idea.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a few Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, huh? I'm glad your Christmas was wonderful. Now things can settle down a bit. Normal sounds good right about now.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.