Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Frightful Weather

Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, ...!

Well, I like the song, Let It Snow, but that's not the frightful we woke up to this morning. We woke up to muggy rain storms and tornado warnings. There is no delightful fire in the fireplace because it's too hot for one. There's a cool/cold front headed our way so says Mr. Weatherman. Hmm, sometimes he's not too trustworthy though. Wouldn't you just hate to be a weatherman? You know they get blamed for reporting the weather and it ending up wrong. When the computer gets the forecast wrong, then he/she reports what it says to us, then we depend on it, etc, etc.

I cleaned out my fireplace two days ago for the upcoming cold front. I even put marshmallows on the grocery list, and planned a game night in my head. For game night I also invested in a HUGE summer sausage so I could make up a cracker/sausage snack tray for the coffee table. Oh well, we all know summer sausage lasts FOREVER! The picture below is of a fire a few nights ago.
I wish I could report that my living room has a fresh coat of paint on the walls, but we still don't have that job done yet. My living room is long and narrow. One of the long walls already has cedar on it, and the other three are sheetrock. The other long wall will have cedar on it when Wayne can take the cedar logs to the sawmill and take on such a big extra chore. Until then, we are fixing to slap a fresh color on the walls, mustard! A beautiful golden/brown mustard! I can hardly wait. Maybe he'll bring home the paint tonight. Because of this though, I'm still only partly decorated for Christmas in there. It'll get done soon, and when it does I'll be able to post pretty pictures.

I found a lot of bargains Monday in town. I went to TJ Maxx and Ross, two stores that I love but do not get a chance to go in often. Sure enough, they had too much to choose from. I'm happy to report that a few people have been marked off my Christmas gift buying list. Now a few more to go!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. Have fun and stay safe in all your shopping and driving around.

4 comments:

  1. Well I'm sure you will enjoy that lovely fireplace when the cold weather comes around! I can't wait to see your living room all painted and decorated for Christmas !! Stay inside and be safe from those storms my dear !!
    ~ ♥ ~
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fireplace is SO pretty! I can just imagine that yummy mustard color richening up your room, I can't wait to see it when you are all done :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished room with the new paint! I too love Ross and TJ Max, but don't get there that often either! Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have your fireplace decorated - very nice!! I love game night too! I usually have a Christmas movie night w/ family and we get out the old classics.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.