Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, December 7, 2009

Farmhouse Christmas continued





Here's our main Christmas tree. It stands tall in the living room and is adorned with ornaments that we have collected through the years. Some are homemade, some were purchased from special places, on special outings, and some that have been handed down that are so fragile and cherished. Some of the most cherished are the ones Matthew made in elementary school. If I had to name a theme for our family Christmas tree, I couldn't. It's not a certain color, texture, etc. It's just a great big collection of ornaments that mean something to the three of us. I made the ivory quilted tree skirt the year I was pregnant with Matthew. I just wash it each year and reuse it, remembering everytime I look over at it that it's been under our tree for many years. I also made our prim star topper years ago from stick found in the woods. I attached it to a rusty bed spring also found in the woods and that became our tree topper almost fourteen years ago.


We're really enjoying the fireplace this year, it's been cold so it's getting used a lot.


The camera doesn't do justice to my mustard walls, but we are real happy with the way they turned out.


I made this tiny little military stocking ornament the year we went to war.



I made this tiny little baby Jesus branch sitter a few years back after seeing one at a craft show for way too much $$.


The pink vintage glass ball is just one of a set I have that belonged to my grandmother. The clothespin ornament was made by my mom with a beautiful poem to explain that it was never used but found in my grandmother's home.



Wayne and I made a bunch of wooden candy canes a few years back, and I decided to use one with the poem attached as a "J" for Jesus.

I hope you enjoyed this part of the tour. There's more to come soon, I promise.

5 comments:

  1. You've done a wonderful job decorating. You have just enough touches of Christmas with the right amount of touches of our Saviors Birth.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks so lovely and I love homemade ornaments! There's just something about homemade that store bought can't duplicate:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your christmas tree! You have my kind of ornaments! I love the ones you made too - that makes a tree all the more special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room looks so warm & cozy with your new fireplace , the mustard walls and your tree filled with many precious memories! Looks like you're all set for a cozy lil Christmas !!
    XoXo ~
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is beautiful and charming. Love the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.