Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm Not Ready Yet, Someone Stop the Clock!

Boy howdy! It's been busy around Lillie Mae Acres. I've been going into the city a lot more, even on weekends.
I thought November flew by, but December is flying by as fast as it can too! I'm not ready yet for Christmas. I'm not even finished shopping. I'm baking as I type this post, baking old fashioned tea cakes. I don't plan to do a lot of baking, just a few more things and I'm done with that.

I forgot to show you a few things that are sitting around our home for Christmas. I made these cute little prim snowmen a few years back and I always like to display them in a dough bowl. This year they are on the coffee table.

The pretty vintage card garland that I won from Sweet Sassie Sadie Lee is hanging on one of my kitchen walls. Close by in my old childhood Easter basket are the pretty vintage tags I won too.






























My nativity scene is ceramic. I purchased it way back in the early eighties, and still enjoy this sweet little set. I have a few others sitting around throughout our home, but this one always sits on a shelf in the living room.









The two recipe books are publications from a local newspaper. Each year they hold a holiday cooking contest and the winners get their recipe put in the new recipe book. Then they sell the books to the public. The money generated goes towards newspapers being available in school classrooms. I have recipes in both of these books, 2008 and 2009. So of course I buy up a bunch and add them to gifts.

Well, I'm baking and I'd better pay more attention to that than blogging. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

3 comments:

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.