Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Saturday, December 12, 2009

BiG SnOw of 1989 here in FLORIDA




This is a follow up to my last posting. I found my pictures of the big snow in Florida, December 22, 1989. This year marks the 20th Anniversary since we've had snow.


These pictures are of my home and neighborhood back then. That seems like a lifetime ago. I don't think I could ever live in the city again. What can I say, I was so young and of course wanted to be near all the shopping and good times.

We sure would love to see some snow fall on our NW Florida homes this year. This snow fell on Dec. 22, 1989 a Friday afternoon. The temps stayed in the 20's, so the snow didn't start melting until Christmas Eve. I'm sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, but you have to remember none of us had good ole' digital cameras back then.

Now here's the special part of this post. My little pink princess cupycake Lily sat on Santy Clause's knee at Bass Pro Shops. I just know he understood what she was "thinking" about for him to bring her. I bet whatever she wants is something PINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.