Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

PUPPY'S 1st Birthday

Tuesday was our beautiful German Shepherd Dog Banjo's very first birthday. What a special day and what a special puppy! Banjo came into our lives in June at almost 8 months old and he's such a joy.
We've been looking forward to celebrating his birthday and me making a special cupcake for him. He does not get human food. Ever! So I decided on his special day, he could have a little cupcake with milkbone filling. I filled the cupcake liner with just a little batter, put in broken milkbones, then drizzled some cupcake batter over that. It baked up nicely and I thinly iced it. That's his at the very top.
Matthew tried to get a good picture of Banjo with his party blower, but trying to get a BIG puppy to act like a human is hard. I'm sad to say that most of the party pictures turned our bad. Banjo was excited and just wouldn't sit still or do like we wanted him to. At least we got a few for me to share with ya'll and scrapbook with. Wayne thought he could get out of the party by taking a shower, but we waited on him. All three us put party hats on to match Banjo.

The thing about cupcakes is, you always end up with twenty four. First thing this morning, my two young nephews received a home delivery from Aunt Lillie Mae's bakery. We certainly don't need extra cupcakes hanging out here this close to the holidays.

6 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BANJO!!!! I have a shepherd too and they are by far my favorite breed! he looks TOO CUTE in his party hat,LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post! Happy birthday to Banjo! It looks like you gave him a great party! I love that you made him his own cupcake! :0)

    Have a beautiful day!

    xox
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Banjo. Wishing you many more to come. We have a male and female Shepherd and we just adore them. They offer such great protection to our family as well.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Banjo is beautiful! I bet he enjoyed his special cupcake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. German Shepherd Dogs are great family pets and security. Thank you all for the sweet comments. Thank you for following Lillie Mae Acres, I hope you continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, he surely looks like he's enjoying that big ole bone. Happy Birthday Banjo!

    Have a great Sunday.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.