Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Want Your Opinion, Honest I Do!

In your opinion (all of you wonderful ladies that read this), wouldn't it be alright if I just go ahead and decorate my kitchen for Christmas? I love my fall/Thanksgiving decorations and my tradition is to have the kitchen and front porch decorated for fall until the day after Thanksgiving. I have it all decorated and have for a while, but now I'm already wanting Christmas. It's not even Thanksgiving. Give me your opinions please. I almost feel like I'll be doing something awful, but I thought we'd be having company for the big day and we're not.

Wayne is almost finished with the fireplace which means our living room will be full blown Christmas. Every single inch of it. The red and white gingham and gingerbread theme for the kitchen is trying to jump out of storage. I want to put the fall dacor away and bring the Christmas stuff out so bad!

Wayne and I went to the annual Mule Day festival in Georgia yesterday. Then we went plundering through antique stores and a general store in a little town after that. We do this every year and have since we met. It was such a wonderful short road trip, just the two of us. Matthew went off with the bluegrass group he plays banjo for and they played in a different town yesterday and again last night. This was the first year we didn't go to Mule Day as a family. I guess he's outgrowing us. Boo hoo.

As far as the eye can see, everything white in the picture above is an awning. That's just from where I was standing with my camera. Almost every awning is a different booth of antique farm tools, antique dishes, homemade crafts, etc. for sale. Thousands of people flock to Mule Day every year. This was the 37th annual event.

In the picture above, that's my sweet hubby in his black cap looking over some hand crafted rocking chairs. We know we have to get some new ones since sweet little Banjo chewed ours so bad, almost half the rockers in the backs of each one are gone. I guess the crazy animal ate the wood!

Below are a few pictures of some of the little town we always stop in. It's Havana, Florida, and it has the best little general store and antique stores. One is a big antique mall that you could actually hang out in for several hours. Wayne and I both just love plundering and browsing.







Well folks, that was Lillie Mae's Saturday road trip. I really do want your opinion on whether or not I should just leave fall dacor out or go ahead and change it all to Christmas.
I hope all of you have a blessed evening. Lots of hugz from my little home in the country to yours.

P.S., Here's the Mule Day website, just in case you want to plan ahead for next year.
http://www.caironet.com/MULE.htm

6 comments:

  1. I'm all for decorating Christmas early! I plan on starting in another week or so. My son turns 18 next month and is set on joining the Army much to my dismay:( so this Christmas will be bittersweet, as he may not be home next year. Looks like you saw some good stuff on your lil' trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love decorating for Christmas, I just can't seem to make myself combine it with Thanksgiving and fall decorating. You have to do what you want to do though no matter what anyone thinks. Its your home so I say go for it if it makes you happy.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go ahead and decorate !! I'm going to the day after Thanksgiving, but I've been dieing to get the gingerbreads out too. Who says we have to wait for a certain day? I want to see pictures of everything when you are done decorating too!! Have a great week my friend, and thanks for the special birthday wishes, you are such a sweetheart !!
    Luv ya lots ~
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all in what you think. I say inside isn't a bad thing! Just don't turn your lights on outside until after thanksgiving. I say give thanks first! Seems like thanksgiving is a forgotten Holiday at times. Although trust me I am just as eager as you to put up all of those pretty lights and all of my prim decor. Think about doing a year round tree. I have a primitive tree up all year and when it gets close to the holidays it's fun to have my tree that I can start decorating before I put up te actual christmas tree!
    Let us know what you decide :)
    Prim Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm anxious to decorate too! I plan on waiting for December 1st, but I don't see why you should have to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl I think we were poured out of the same mold.We are leaving our home of 23 yrs to live in our 40ft 5th wheel.I had the trailer decorated for Thanksgiving..we now are not having anything at our home sooooo..the green rubbermaids were calling..open...open~!! so instead of 5 full villages..I sorted thru them and made a decision of the Santa village..weeded thru and repacked all other decorations and only kept out my favs..so in answer to your question..YES decorate!!It makes us feel happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.