Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

From Our Home To Yours


Happy Thanksgiving to each of you and your families. God is so good to each of us, we all have so much to be thankful for.
The menu is ready here at Lillie Mae Acres, and the pies are baking in the oven right now for tomorrow. There is a yummy smellin' pumpkin pie in there and a yummy smellin' sweet tater' pie. The cranberry sauce is getting cold and the fresh ham is wrapped up and soaking in a bath of all sorts of yummy flavors that hubby mixed up last night. He plans to put that big thing in the smoker. I know my uncle is coming up to spend this special day with us. I'm not yet sure if my sister and her daughter will make it.

Here's the menu for Thankgiving on Lillie Mae Acres:
Smoked Ham
Cornbread & Hen dressing
Gravy
Sweet Potato Souffle
Fried Greasy Collards (from Georgia, hubby just went & picked them)
Cranberry Sauce
either Cornbread or Rolls
Sweet Tea
And for dessert: Pumpkin Pie and/or Sweet tater' Pie
Coffee

I still have to polish my grandmother's silver tonight. Using her silver at Thanksgiving is my personal little way of having her with me at Thanksgiving. We're going to eat on my Pfatzgraff Folk Art dinnerware. I won't worry one little bit about cleanup until I'm good and ready! I plan to have my new Old Virginia candle burning on the mantle and the Christmas trees turned on.

Thanksgiving day will be a relaxing day for us around here on Lillie Mae Acres. We certainly do not plan to go shopping on this blessed day, and we don't plan to jump up out of our cozy beds Friday morning to beat everyone else to "the sale of the year"!

Have a wonderful time however you and yours celebrate this day.

Hugz,
Lillie Mae

4 comments:

  1. My very best Thanksgiving wishes to you and yours Miz Lillie Mae...your menu sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your meal sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Lillie Mae. May you enjoy your time together.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinner sounds wonderful ~ enjoy the day with your family & I am so thankful to have you for a friend !!
    xoxo
    Benita

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.