Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Another Ornament for You



As promised in the last post, here's another meaningful ornament for your family's Christmas tree. It's so simple and inexpensive to make. It's also great to make a bunch as gifts.

As you can see in the picture, the poem on the scroll is "Twas The Night Before Jesus Came". It's all over the internet so just look it up and copy it. I like to use Micro. Word so I can use whatever font and size I want to.

Like the Christmas Nail ornament in the last post, these were made years ago when I had a bulletin ministry in my church and they were handed out the Sunday before Christmas to everyone.

You need: Ivory colored copy paper (stationary paper so it's a little thicker), a hot glue gun, wooden skewers from the kitchen department, and red yarn. Also a brown marker or matches if you choose to brown the ends of the wood.
Instructions:
The dowels are cut in 4 1/2 " lengths (2 of these per ornament)
The paper measures 3 1/2" x 10" after I cut it with edged scissors and before being rolled once on each end and hot glued around the dowel.
The red yarn is cut long enough for a good hanger and tied on the top dowel at each end.
I browned the ends of the dowels with a brown marker to add an aged effect.

I sure hope you and your family enjoy making these. I've always loved the poem and it's just a small way to have it around, and also a conversation piece to those that are admiring your tree.

What a funny picture below! I don't know about you, but I take my camera with me in my purse almost everytime I leave home. You just never know what or who you'll want a picture of. Anyway, here's Matthew at the eye doctor yesterday. He could not believe that I had my camera out. He was begging me to put it up before the doctor walked in. It doesn't look like exam chairs are made for guys over 6 feet tall, does it? He's a great kid! Wayne and I are so proud of him and his desire to live for and work for God.

4 comments:

  1. Such great ornaments with alot of meaning!

    And ~ I think its a good idea to take your camera everywhere, I need to start taking mine too! You do have a wonderful son, but that's because he has wonderful parents !
    ~ ♥ ~
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea for a Xmas ornament! I can see me writing my favorite quotes and making a favorite quote tree!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lillie Mae, this looks wonderful....such a cute idea. Thanks!

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! You won my giveaway on Sweet Sassy Sadie Lee! Come look!

    Hugs!
    Maryjane

    Please email me your address!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.