Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, October 1, 2009

SOS (Creamed Beef) "Just For Delena's Supper Table"


This isn't the prettiest dish a lady can put on the supper table for her tired family at the end of a hard day, but it is delicious! Just ask anybody that's been in the military. The military comfort food! The one dish that a soldier gets his wife to cook for him after years in the service, because he can't live without it. That's what I've been told and I've read it too. I can see why, it is so good and so easy to cook. You've probably got most of the ingredients already in the pantry. Around here, good ole' southern food graces our table almost every night of the week. This is not one of the regular dishes that I cook up, but the other night when I cooked it up we were ready for it! With the cooler nights coming in, everyone is thinking of comfort food. Here's you a recipe for you to try out on your family and I sure hope ya'll enjoy it as much as we do. It's filling too, so I don't cook a large amount of vegetables for the side. In fact, the other night I had two different leftover vegetables in the refrig, so they did just fine. If you can brown ground beef and toast a piece of bread, you've got it made!























Military SOS (Creamed Beef)

1 1/2 - 2 lbs. ground beef
chopped onion (desired amt.)
garlic powder "
salt, pepper "
1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons butter

Brown the meat, onions, and seasonings.
Drain well.

In seperate boiler, melt 2 tablespoons butter and stir the flour into it. Pour it over the meat, stir in the beef broth and milk slowly. Simmer on low until it's the desired thickness of gravy.

Toast slices of Texas Toast or Thick sliced Bread and dip the SOS over it to serve.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Doesn't that sound easy and delicious? I hope you'll give it a try for your family one of these nights. My hubby told me he's had it with green peppers, so if I can remember that for the next time I'm adding some. And my uncle tells me it's good for breakfast, although I doubt I'll try that.


Thanks for stopping by again, come back soon friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This recipe is for Delena, you can cook it up and have it ready when they all come home for supper. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. Keep coming back girl, because you just never know what'll be on here.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good! And I think I might try it using sausage for breakfast. Would be great over biscuits...

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.