Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Morning Walk Before Chores

It was so breezy this morning so I thought I'd take my camera and walk around a little. Of course, I had to play a few minutes with Banjo and throw his ole' chewed up (used to have stuffing in it) duck for him.

I bet you can't say that you know too many people with an outhouse. I'm proud to say that I have one. Well, it's not a real one. It's really our pump house. When people come out here for their first visit, they usually comment on it.

I wish I could show you our old farming tools and plows that used to sit on display in the front yard, but for the past few years they've been down under the shed. They are waiting to be given a little TLC. We just haven't started that project yet. This wagon is a current project that Wayne and Matthew are tinkering around with. They'll get it looking like it did in it's prime, then we'll actually use it. Wayne has always wanted a mule and a wagon, so here's the wagon. As long as I can remember, Matthew has had chickens and guineas. Also, turkeys for a while now. We've had as many as twenty something guineas roaming around together over the past, but we're down to just three now.

Shadow, our beautiful Tennessee Walker is so sweet. She's got a good personality and loves attention.
Early morning is my favorite time to walk down and love on her and talk to her.
The beautiful goldenrod flowers are in full bloom all over. This is just a small area of a large field next to us. Goldenrods cover it as far as I can see from standing on my front porch this morning. Lovely to look at, horrible for allergies. When Matthew was young, he'd be so proud of himself for picking them and bringing them to me. Finally, I just had to tell him not to pick them anymore, he can pick any flower but those.
I hope you enjoyed the pictures I took this morning, just to show you a little bit of our piece of God's country. I thought later that if I had walked out just as the sun was coming up, I could have taken a beautiful sunrise picture for ya'll. I love to sit on my front porch on cool mornings with my coffee.

Just one more thing to share this morning, these Martha Stewart DVDs are wonderful. A good friend/neighbor of mine Dawn, gave me the one titled Classic Thanksgiving. It's really great. So many ideas and recipes are on this. I found the Homemade Holidays dvd a few weeks later and just had to have it. It's just as good, full of a lot of recipes and creative ideas. You've got to admit, Martha Stewart is a very talented lady. I don't know how easy it will be for you to find copies for yourself. I know Homemade Holidays was on clearance at a local Dollar General. I don't know where Dawn got Classic Thanksgiving. This reminds me that I need to go visit Dawn. I've been so busy with a lot of things for the past several months that I think I've neglected all my friends. I ran into a friend at the store just yesterday that I haven't seen in weeks. We stay in touch by phone almost every week, but have not sat down for morning coffee at each other's table in a long time. I guess I need to make some calls and plug the coffee pot in. And of course, that leads to baking something yummy to go with that coffee.
It's time for me to get up from here and fold some laundry. NOT my favorite thing to do!


4 comments:

  1. I love your horse and LOVE the outhouse:) I've always wanted one..LOL, to use as a potting shed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so envious of your surroundings.....yes, I am . :)

    I LOVE your outhouse too!
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sight to see first thing in the morning !! I luv the horse, your outhouse, the wagon, it's all just simply perfect !!
    Enjoy time with your friends too~ I know they will enjoy your company, you are the sweetest friend !!
    xoxo Benita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been begging my hubby to build me an outhouse for my yard. I think yours is great. We used to have chickens years ago. We had this one rooster, a Rhode Island Red I think it was called anyways, my red headed daughter could not go anywhere near that rooster without him attacking her. I kind of think he liked her and thought she looked a bit like someone he would like to date. It was funny to us but very scary to her. We had to keep our eye on him at all times.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.