Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, October 30, 2009

Hidden Treasure to Country RED and Useful


During my childhood, this cabinet stood in my grandparent's living room. It's an old RCA record player cabinet. I don't remember it so much as a record player cabinet as I do the piece of furniture that their Christmas tree sat on top of during the holidays. This is the one piece of furniture that I wanted after they passed away.

The original dark finish always made it hard for me to use, but something I was not willing to change until recently. It's been in storage for years, but not anymore. I decided that it needed to be RED. It only took me two days to bring new life to it. Once I looked through more shades of red at the paint store than I knew existed, picked out "the right red" and got the paint, this little cherished cabinet started coming to life. It's a beautiful country red, kind of a barn red. I'm real happy with it now. I've got it sitting in my living room right now to see if it works. If not, well I'll just move it around until it finds it's perfect place.



I made sure not to cover over the RCA trademark on the inside of one of the doors.

There's another major project going on around Lillie Mae Acres, but I don't want to write about it until it's all finished. Hint: you build a fire in it to warm your home. Hmm?

5 comments:

  1. I do love the transformation of your grandparents cabinet. I bet your grandma would be proud that you are using it even if you changed it up a bit to your liking.
    Can't wait to see your next project.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the cabinet ~ it looks so cute and I can't wait to see your next warm & cozy project !!
    Hugssss !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet looks wonderful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Love it! Love it! You did a great job!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is lovely! You did a great job on the cabinet!

    Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you and your family have a lovely week! :D

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.