Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Aprons Make It Fun To Cook


I LUV aprons. They actually make cooking more fun than it already is. I started my collection by buying the pretty holiday and special occasion ones. I have a few, but need some everyday ones too.
Look at this beautiful little black and white apron from my friend and neighbor, Dawn. I LUV it! I thought it looked good with my lovely little lounging pajamas that my mom gave me a while back. I cooked spaghetti last night for supper and since we were staying home for the night, I just thought I'd be comfy. I was very comfy and I didn't get a drop of sauce on my new apron! Matthew has company over for the whole weekend, and you know how spaghetti is one of those meals you can stretch! Who doesn't like spaghetti? We all enjoyed it and I enjoyed cooking it of course.
Dawn and I try to exchange gifts for every little occasion. It's fun! We both had gifts for each other yesterday, just a little gift exchange for fall. This pretty little apron is what she gave me. You can't see it too good in the picture, but it has a black ribbon bow on the pocket. So feminine!
Dawn and her hubby have been changing a lot in their home. She has beautiful new flooring all over and new paint. It looks great!
She surprised me and told me she's been following my blog. I'm so happy, so here's a "Hey there Dawn" for her this morning.
I love aprons, and actually like to use them. I guess they're getting more and more popular these days. Ive started seeing them in the stores more and all over the internet. That makes me feel better, to know that I'm not the only old fashioned lady left that loves to wear aprons while she cooks.
Anyway, Dawn's going to come over for coffee one morning next week. That means I'll have to comb through the ole' recipe books and come up with something yummy to go with that coffee. Of course, I'll make sure I'm wearing my pretty black and white apron as I serve it.

I just LUV being a feminine, God loving, country wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, lady, that loves to cook and wear aprons! Did all that make sence?

Have a great weekend everyone! If you have a cute little country apron, put it on and cook something yummy for the family.





5 comments:

  1. Of course I grew up surrounded by women in aprons. Then I raised my girls and I didn't own one. Now I want to collect them! Funny how things come back full circle!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute you look in your apron, and what a sweet friend to give you cute little gifts like that !! Being old fashioned is the best !!!
    Hugs ~ Benita

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my, I love your blog, you are a girl after my own heart for sure! I will start following you from now on, Love your apron, I think I must have aroun 20! I find great ones at Ross, and I have a dear friend that sews me up wonderful ones too! What a blessing to love cooking, and being an old fashioned housewife!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lillie Mae, your apron is soooo adorable. I love, love aprons.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. I appreciate and read every single comment left here. I appreciate ya'll too.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.