Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, September 21, 2009

Yummy with Coffee

Hey there! I just thought I'd share a few yummy recipes with ya'll that I've baked up recently. The recipes will be at the end of this post.
Back when the spring garden was producing so much zucchini, we gave to family and friends, I cooked it up different ways as our vegetable several times a week, and then I ended up freezing grated zucchini in 2 cup portions for the future. Most of the Zucchini muffin, bread, and cake recipes that you'll find all call for 2 cups of grated zucchini. This beautiful and delicious Zucchini Cake is a lot like a Carrot cake in looks and taste. The same cream cheese frosting is used, and nuts are optional. I baked this little thing up for friends one Friday night and we all really enjoyed it with a fresh pot of coffee.

Notice my little wooden prim icing spatula? Hubby made several for me years ago and they are the easiest spatulas to use to spread icing on a cake or cupcakes. Just like your favorite cutting board, it gets wiped off and coated with olive oil. I just love them. I thought the pretty fall ribbon would decorate my cake plate a little, then the next evening I used the same ribbon on my cake carrier to take a pound cake over to supper with friends. Here's the Butter Pound Cake that I baked up and sprinkled with powdered sugar. I went ahead and sliced the pound cake since I knew it would be a casual supper, it's easier to serve yourself.



I was plundering around in some of your blogs and came across an easy Apple Crisp recipe. Since I had a lot of pears that hubby just brought home to me, I decided to try it with pears instead of apples. It turned out pretty yummy, so that was breakfast one morning. Go on over to Barb at Bella Vista and get this recipe for yourself. http://barbsgoodlife.blogspot.com/.
.
Here are the recipes for the Zucchini Cake and the Butter Pound Cake. I really hope you'll give both of them a try and that your family and friends enjoys them as much as we did. Have fun in the kitchen this week!

"Lillie Mae's Zucchini Cake"

1 cup veg. oil
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 cups self-rise flour
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts - optional
Blend together oil, sugar, eggs (1 at a time), and flour ( a little at a time).
Stir in grated zucchini, Mix well adding vanilla and cinnamon.
Pour into prepared (lightly oil or line) 2 8" round cake pans

Frost with your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting, nuts optional
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sift flour, b.soda, and b.powder together.
Stir in salt and sugar.
Blend in butter (rm. temp) and eggs (whole, 1 at a time)
Mix well, slowly adding buttermilk and vanilla.

Pour into TUBE Pan - slightly buttered and flour sprinkled.

I like to sprinkle powdered sugar over the top when serving.

5 comments:

  1. Well, I am too lazy to bake this morning so I guess I'll go have a cup of coffee! Thanks for sharing the recipes...I have also been substituting pears for apple recipes bc I came into a 5 gal bucket of pears from a friend with his own tree! I really need to get busy baking and canning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lillie Mae, oh, you are making me so hungry!!!! I am making a peach cobbler for dinner. Can you hear that exercise bike calling me? Ha.

    Barb :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercise bike?? What's that?? Thank you girls for your sweet comments and for being such faithful followers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starving now! I love desserts, and these are killing me. Thanks for sharing them.


    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. OM Goodness, I'll take just a moment to say I love your blog ~ it's so "homey", and then run to the kitchen to get something to eat.

    Love, love, love zuchinni recipes! My Mom also has some great ones. We'll have to plant some next summer!

    ~Mary~

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.