Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Terrific Tuesday Anyway

Hey there friends. I hope ya'll had a wonderful day today. It was beautiful around here to me because I just happen to like the rain. Today was a big wash day so of course I wanted to be able to use my clothesline. I had sheets in the wash just as it started raining. I am a clothesline type of gal. I love my clothesline for our sheets and all the old jeans and work pants. Since it started raining, the sheets had to go in the dryer. The laundry room ended up crowded with permanant press hanging as usual, but also work pants. Still, the rain was welcomed.

Matthew and I love my homemade Chicken Enchiladas, so that was on the menu for supper tonight. I serve them with chips and salsa like the restaurants do. They were yummy as usual, so I've included the recipe at the bottom of this post. I hope you make them and enjoy them yourself.
Wayne (hubby) can't eat the enchiladas, so I fried him some chicken. For his vegetable, I took a jar of tomatoes off the shelf and stewed them up with some onion. You see ladies, it pays off to can and preserve all those yummy fruits and vegies that you can get your hands on. Anyway, he enjoyed his chicken just as much as Matthew and I enjoyed our Enchiladas.

Here's that recipe for those Chicken Enchiladas. It's so simple to make, I really hope you'll give it a try. See ya'll later, it's almost my bedtime. I'll go to bed thanking God for another blessed day, and I'll rise up in the morning thanking Him for another blessed day.

Lillie Mae's Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup picante sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
10 flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix soup, sour cream, and picante sauce along with chili powder in a bowl. Chop cooked chkn. In each flour tortilla, place some chkn, a tablespoon of picante mixture and some cheese. Roll each tightly and place in a 9 x 13 casserole. Spread remaining picante mixture over and I like to sprinkle more cheese over the top.
BAKE 40 minutes.
Don't forget chips and salsa to serve with them.


I thought I'd take the time to also include some pictures of my canning and preserving that I've been busy doing over the summer months as our spring garden produced and the local fruits ripened. I never did get my hands on any peaches though.







3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I have NEVER made fried chicken...can you believe it?

    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise ~
    I can't wait to try your recipe for enchiladas, they look so yummy !! Luv your pantry too, I know you worked hard on it this summer !! Take care sweetie, and can't wait til your next post!!
    LUVS~N~HUGS
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never made fried chicken Robin? You better give that a try. I read a long time that a secret ingredient to delicious fried chicken is Paprika.
    I hope you do try the Enchiladas Benita. They are one of Matt and my favorite suppers around here.
    Thank you both for your sweet comments.
    Luv, Hugs, n Blessings right back at yall!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.