Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Lemon Crunch Pound Cake

Hey there! I hope all of you are enjoying beautiful fall weather. A cold front is coming all the way down to Florida this evening and where I live is supposed to be in the 50's overnight. Maybe it'll stick around for a while. This is good porch sittin' weather around here. I think I'll see if that hard working hubby of mine will relax on the front porch tonight after supper with a glass of tea.
As promised, I'm posting the recipe to the cake I baked last night for my mom's birthday. Can you believe that the above picture is the only one I took of the cake? This is little Sammy, and YES he's sitting in my mom's kitchen floor (yes, the cake is on the floor) spooning the iceing over it. Hey, this lit'l feller just had open heart surgery so we're pretty much letting him get away with anything. He's just so darn cute!
I went to my mom's and cooked spaghetti, corn, rolls, and baked the cake. My sister and her family came over and we all had a real good time.
It was a fun filled evening, my mom seemed to really enjoy her special supper. After the cake and coffee, we all pretty much headed to our homes to crawl in our beds. Happy with full tummies!



LEMON CRUNCH POUND CAKE

350 degrees
45 min - 1 hour Tube Pan

4 eggs (beat frothy)
Yellow boxed cake mix
2/3 c oil
3/4 c water
1 tsp lemon extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 sm pkg lemon instant Jello
1/2 c chopped pecans

Sray Tube Pan & dust with flour
Sprinkle the chopped pecans in the bottom

Mix eggs, boxed cake mix, oil, and water until well blended. Mix in lemon ext., salt, and Jello. Pour into tube pan and bake.

Iceing: Blend together confec. sugar and a little milk until smooth. When the cake is cooled and on plate, drizzle or pour it over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sure hope you enjoy this wonderful pound cake! As always, thank you for taking time to read and hopefully enjoy Lillie Mae Acres. You never know what I'll come up with next for a new post.
Since fall is finally in the Florida air, I'm getting in the mood for some chili. I just might have to cook some chili for my cowboys for supper real soon.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little boy Sammy is !! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your family last night, and I will definitely try that pound cake !! I hope fall is coming your way Denise ~ enjoy it !!
    lotsa luv,
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that cake sounds delish! I'm going to have to add that to my list of "must tries" :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.