Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fall Fever cure

Hey there, I hope you're all having a wonderful Thursday wherever you are. We just had a short rainfall so I guess now that the grass is wet, we'll cut the rest tomorrow. I've had FALL FEVER for a while now, so I thought it was about time to cure it. I've got the kitchen decorated and the front porch. I'm not finished with the porch yet.
I love the colors of fall and wish Florida had a beautiful foliage season like northern states. I've lived here all my life, so fall foliage and winter snow are not a part of our fall and winter weather conditions. We make the most of what we get and enjoy the seasons anyway with decorations and music.
I only decorate the kitchen and the front porch for fall since we like to have our Christmas tree up in the living room for Thanksgiving. I use my Pfaltzgraff china for fall and Thanksgiving and then I'll display and use my Christmas china after that.
Since Cracker Barrel sells Old Virginia Soy Candles around the holidays, I'm looking forward to visiting very soon and picking up a fall triple scented large jar candle. Last year around this time I picked up the Farm Grown style (hot buttered rum,eggnog,hot apple cider) jar. It's not completely gone so I have it burning some evenings around here. My mom just gave me a new candle (Mulled Cider) scent. It smells yummy too. I've been rotating burning them and warming up our home with the lovely scents.
I'm not finished with the porch yet and am now even further behind on it since our precious little (BIG) 10 month old German Shepherd destroyed one of my scarecrows last night. His name is Banjo but maybe we should have named him Kujo. He's lucky we love and adore him, that's all I can say. He's rotten! I've just rambled on this afternoon, but my Fall Fever is almost cured. I just need to finish the porch and the Florida weather needs to cool down. See ya'll later!

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful Denise ~ you're definitely in the fall mood !! Have a great time at Cracker Barrel this weekend ~ eat plenty and get lots of goodies !!!
    LUVS~N~HUGS
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S: ~~ Don't forget the COCA COLA CAKE !! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, you are just too much! I'm usually too full of yummy vittles to have room for dessert, but I'll try when I get there. It may not be this wknd, but soon. Luv n Hugs to one of the sweetest ladies I know, BENITA!
    Thanks for all your sweet comments.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lillie Mae..thanks so much for coming over to see me. I love company.
    Your blog is so precious. O, and your profile is so sweet.
    I love all your fall touches. I don't have many fall decorations...I need to go gather leaves and acorns to use....
    xo bj
    Oh, and I am signing up to follow....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lillie Mae~ ~It's so nice to meet you and I love your cute blog! I am such a fool for an apron and the one on the right is just too cute. Polka dots, yes!
    You know I just can't get into the fall thing yet. I am so much enjoying summer this year.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.