Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, September 18, 2009

Cute Lit'l Collection of Recipe Booklets

I just thought I'd share my cute lit'l collection of recipe booklets with ya'll. They're all really old, and some are almost falling apart. Some were my grandmother's and others were my mom's. I hope you can read the brand names on them. I guess my favorite is the Dr. Pepper one. I've collected these booklets for years and flip through them often when looking for something new to cook.
I've seen on some websites that ladies are collecting these now. I wouldn't part with any of these since they were my mom's and grandmom's, but I also have a lot of newer ones that I myself have picked up here and there. If you search brand name websites, a few of the companies do still offer FREE booklets by mail. I'm a big Gooseberry Patch fan, so here's a couple of little booklets other Gooseberry Patch fans will love. If you look up the Sunmaid Raisin website, you'll be able to order two FREE recipe booklets that Gooseberry Patch and Sunmaid Raisins put together. I love them! I saved the best for last! In the next pictures you'll see one of my favorite recipe books in my kitchen. It was my grandmother's. It's not a lit'l booklet, it's a spiral bound book that has recipes submitted by ladies in her church. Everyone probably has a recipe book put together and sold by a church! My grandmother must have loved this one too because she stuffed it full of newspaper clippings, mail, grocery lists, etc. It looks like she was marking the pages with these scraps and pieces of paper. Even more precious than the odd bookmarks is her handwriting on a lot of the pages. I just love using this old recipe book. I have to be very careful with it because it is falling apart.
I designed my kitchen pantry with a plate rack on top and a bookshelf over that. Hubby built the pantry for me as we remodeled our kitchen almost two years ago now. I display some of my nice cookbooks with pretty covers on the shelf, but I have so many! Below, you'll see how I use the double cabinet above my microwave to hold all the extras. The thin lit'l booklets are really hard to keep neat, so I found a real cute wooden crate to keep them in. It helps them stay upright, neat, and keeps them from getting torn. Well friends, I sure hope you enjoyed me sharing this with you. I think I'm fixing to go plunder through some of your blogs at all your latest postings and pictures. I hope you all have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I have so enjoyed looking through your blog this evening. I LOVE your background...your posts...your home, and it seems I like to "plunder" some of the same places you do!

    I will be back and hope you'll come visit me sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old cookbooks. I have some that were my mothers and grandmothers and some that I picked up at yard sales. They are so much fun! My husband would that Dr. Pepper cookbook. He is a big Dr. Pepper fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection! To know that you have some that belonged to your mother and grandmother - what keepsakes! Those things with a history just mean so much more! I'll be visiting Sunmaid Raisin and ordering their recipe booklets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love, vintage cookbooks and collect them like crazy. Do you know the name of the one with the 70s looking kitchen? Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.